Anne Buckley Implementation Analyst and Medical Editor/Writer
- Anne is a medical editor and writer who draws on extensive experience in medical publishing, including production of consumer and continuing medical education resources for web and print and publication management of peer-reviewed medical journals.
- She has extensive experience in medical publishing, including de novo medical writing, and technical editing and publication management of academic medical journals.
- During her time with NZGG, Anne was involved in the development of a number of consumer and practitioner resources on a range of topics including prostate cancer, melanoma, atrial fibrillation, and resources to support the Beating the Blues programme for depression. Her principal role in these resources was in drafting content and revising content from stakeholder input and focus group testing. She also contributed to concept design and development of consumer testing.
- Anne has experience with the editing of full evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, the latest being the guideline for the management of early colorectal cancer.
- While at NZGG, Anne managed the production of the three implementation plans developed by the New Zealand Guidelines Group for evidence-based guidelines on melanoma, suspected cancer in primary care and the management of early breast cancer. Amongst other things, this involved her managing relationships with a range of cancer stakeholders on three advisory groups (one for each plan) and a framework group that governed the overall project.
Involved in the following indicative publications, tools and resources
- New Zealand Primary Care Handbook 2012 (relating to cardiovascular guidelines). http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/92_primary_care_handbook
- PEARLS Practical Evidence for Real Life Situations. Over 300 PEARLS have now been produced. www.nzdoctor.co.nz/gp-resources/PEARLS.aspx
- Melanoma: An Aid to Diagnosis – Primary Care Practitioner resource. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/10_melanoma_practitioner_resource
- Beating the Blues online treatment for depression and anxiety. Practitioner and consumer resources, input to website design and content and development of online CME. http://www.beatingtheblues.co.nz
- Melanoma: An Aid to Diagnosis – Primary Care Practitioner resource. www.nzgg.org.nz/library.../10_melanoma_practitioner_resource
- Melanoma Consumer resource. Melanoma: Information for you, your family, whänau and friends.
- Management of type 2 diabetes. Preparation of practitioner and consumer resources; development of online CME. http://nzgg.org.nz/practice-tools/diabetes
- Assessment Processes for Older People. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/28_older_people_assessment_guideline
- The Assessment and Management of Cardiovascular Risk. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/21_cvd_guideline
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Diagnosis, Acute Management and Rehabilitation. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/62_tbi_summary
- Identification of Common Mental Disorders and Management of Depression in Primary Care. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/14_depression_summary
- Suspected Cancer in Primary Care: Guidelines for investigation, referral and reducing ethnic disparities. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/18_suspected_cancer_summary
- Management of Early Breast Cancer. http://www.nzgg.org.nz/library_resources/5_breast_cancer_guideline
© 2012 INSiGHT Research Ltd, 181 Blighs Road, Strowan 8052 New Zealand. Email: email@example.com Tel: +64 3 354 6757